Installation

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Is there some sort of installation manual? It would be nice to have it in one place instead trying to dig through forum.
Oct 31, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Initial situation
I have SQL server 2008 R2 installed and as well Visual Studio 2013
I've located gacutil in c:\program files(x86)\microsoft SDKs\windows\v8.1A\Bin\NETFX 4.5.1 Tools and done the
gacutil -i c:\sharepointonlinesource.dll
gacutil -i c:\sharepointonlinedestination.dll

Both succeeded.

Now I've noticed that in the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio has the dll files for dataflow located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents
I've copied the downloaded dlls to this folder. In SSBIDS (Visual studio 2008 by any other name) I select Tools>Toolbox items-> SSIS Data Flow Items but they are not on the list.

Ok second attempt: I've downloaded SSDBTI for visual studio 2013. This time I can't even locate the folder for dlls with connectors.

I'm running it now locally on win 8.1. machine.

Any clues what I am doing wrong?
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM
If we consider VS 2013 along with SSDTBI for SQL 2014 it should have C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\PipelineComponent\ folder.
We need to copy dlls in this location.

Is that folder not present?

This dlls do not work with BIDS for VS 2008.

-Dilkush
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:50 PM
This folder is present, files has been copied there and added by gacutil. The dll files are visible to the system i.e. if I'd like to add them to references in normal c# program, but the SSIS doesn't see them as a data source/destinations.
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM
So it does not show up in Source and Destination folder in toolbox but it shows up in transformation folder instead.
I was looking into how to show up in appropriate folders but then got busy with my work.

It is not showing up in transformations folder as well in SSIS toolbox?
Nov 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
No, its not showing anywhere in the SSIS toolbox - not on the control flow, not in the data flow, not as a source, destination or transformation.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
That is weird.
Check few things.
When you open VS go to about and check version of SSIS, it should show as 2014 (12.*) and not 2012.
Make sure dlls are available in GAC as you have already confirmed dlls are present in 120 folder
Open VS as admin.

Even after that if components are not showing up not sure what is wrong as I have not seen anyone running into this.

I would need to check what is happening on your machine.

-Dilkush
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM
I see the problem now.
In procmon i can see it is reading from folder but somehow not showing up in SSIS Toolbox.
Working on it.

-Dilkush