installing into visual studio

Mar 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM
downloaded sharepoint_online_connector2.3.1 , ran the gacutil then stumped as to what to do next. We cannot see it as a connection manager in ssis... can you tell us what we are missing?
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM
What version of SSDT you are using?
Once registered using gacutil you need to copy dlls ino PipeLine component folder of correct SSIS version (100 or 110) in Program Files (X86)\Microsoft SQL Server\
makes sense?
Mar 26, 2014 at 12:54 PM
hi there, i dont believe i have ssdt downloaded... i tried to find a download for vs2008(that is what i am currently using) but cant seem to find one. I did run the gacutil and i put the two dll's in the 100/dts/pipcomponents directory but still cant seem to access.... thanks
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM
So once you register you need to use them in your SSIS package.
for that you will need SSDT. (one which comes with SQL 2012)

And you have to copy dlls into location i mentioned earlier.
Mar 27, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Last question... so i cannot get ssdt for vs2008.. so to use this new version of connectors i need to upgrade to vs 2012?
this all came about because i was trying to load a table into a list in sharepoint365 and i got a 'ntlm error'... the new connectors
were suppose to fix this issue?
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2014 at 12:38 AM
With this connectors you will not get that NTLM error.
This one is targeted at Sharepoint Online and Sharepoint 2013 ...sharepoint 2010 if it is using claims based authentication.

And yes you will need VS 2012 with BI 2012 template, i will try to find a way of making it compatible with VS 2008 when i get some time to breathe!!!
Apr 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM
hi again, downloaded and installed vs2012 and ssdt , put the two dll's in pipcomponents directory, ran the gacutil without errors and when i go into an ssis package , open to add to ssis toolbox or toolbox i can not find the sharepoint connectors. am i forgetting a step??? or doing something wrong...???
thx karen
Coordinator
May 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM
it should be under data flow... so you have to add data flow component and then in data flow component items you should see this two items...